Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Let's get this thing started!

Ok so now that I think I have somewhat got a hang of this I will get started! Thanks to Jennifer Payne I have it figured out... Don't let me mislead you to think I figured it out on my own!
We are looking forward to the weekend. Dane is off so we have a weekend full of plans like usual. With him having to work every other weekend we have to cram everything into the weekends he is off. We are starting off with a little yard work. We have been working pretty hard at trying to get our yard under control and looking good. A few weekends ago my precious husband decided he was going to 'trim' the bushes... in his defense we had previously discussed getting rid of a few in our flower beds b/c we thought a few need to go... so he goes outside working so hard to impress me with his landscaping abilities, works ALL day on it and comes back to get me with excitement on his face of the huge undertaking he had just accomplished. As I go out to look my mouth drops open as I see my poor little bushes cut clear to the nub! What could have happened?? How did we have such a huge misunderstanding? He said that this is what he thought that I wanted... ??? Why? Why would I want this? We were trying to make our yard look good! He still didn't think they looked too bad (I don't know how he thought that??) so I just let it go... He was so proud of himself for tackling these huge bushes with his power tools so I didn't want to hurt his feelings. But THANKFULLY we went on a walk after dinner last night and were looking at every one's yards and then we finally crossed our house he said " I think I need to just go ahead and pull those bushes completely out"... In my head I was saying "Thank you Lord" but to him I just nodded and said...yes that would look nice. So we will hopefully get that done this weekend before he changes his mind!!! Stay tuned for pictures...I will definitely get some pics of these sadly, leafless bushes up so you can see!

4 comments:

Jenifer said...

Good Job! It is easy, once you get the hang of it. I just love getting on here and seeing what everyone is up to. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I love anything with pictures of Breckin on it! I also think it is awesome that I get to read my favorite scripture everytime I log on! I love you guys very very much! Matti

Heather said...

So glad you and Kendra are now bloggers. It is super fun and addicting and fun to keep up with everyone on! I added you guys on my page. LOVE YOUR BLOG also. Do you think she would make me a header too? I am feeling left out...lol No..she does an incredible job! I hope that is ok! Thanks again for letting me be a part of not only the kids Easter Egg Hunt but Dane's party. I love all of you guys and it was such a huge blessing just to get to see and hang out with you guys! Talk to you soon!

Heather said...

Oh, I also wanted to tell you that I have some pics from the birthday party up on my blog.