Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rainy days!

Well our morning has been very unproductive. It's raining which I love however we just pray it stops before nap times and bed times! Our nights have always been great and we have gotten to sleep through the night since Breckin was 10 weeks old...that was until his latest awareness to thunderstorms. They have never scared him before so we are not quite sure what happened to cause such a huge transition for him to not even be able to stay in his room. This is very difficult for us because since the day Breckin came home from the hospital he has slept in his own room. However it seems the only way he can fall asleep when it's raining is if he is in our room. This is a problem for us because we worked so hard to keep him in his room for 2 years. So we constantly ask ourselves where is the line, because it seems that he is now finding any reason to be scared so that he can come in our room. As a mother it's pretty much impossible to not go get your child when they are crying this horrible scared cry, while calling your name. However Dane is a little more stern when it comes to stuff like this. When it's raining he understands but any other circumstances he is very set on letting him cry it out. As all mothers know...that is a joke. However I did finally try that method last night because there was nothing he should have been scared of and it worked. He cried for about 5 minutes and then went right to sleep. We think it might have a little something to do with us finally taking away his paci too! About 2 1/2 weeks ago we "lost" the paci and can not find it. Well unfortunately that is when we got those horrific storms and even I as a 27 year old was scared of. So we think just taking his security away probably didnt help matters too much. We are happy to say we are paci free though! He asked for it for a few days but we told him it went bye bye so now he says on occasion "bye bye baby paci" Now onto potty training! Yipee! Not really...we have already tried this once and it was miserable for both mom and Breckin. But he was only about 20 months when I tried so here we go with round two!

4 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Hi Brittany! I'm excited to see your new blog! Breckin is so stinkin' cute!! How are things in the new house? How's Dane's job going? I totally meant to call you to see if you were going to Pink Impace-I came into town to go with a friend. Hope all is well!

timmons said...

I love keeping up with you thru Jenifer...now I love seeing pictures of Breckin on your blog...I hate we miss you guys while you were here...hope to next time. Love to all
Robin

Anonymous said...

Growing up so fast. It is so hard to believe that time is flying by. No paci is hard to swallow b/c his Matti feels like he is still little bitty! I enjoy him so much and his relationship skills are developing so quickly! His laugh is my favorite sound in the whole world! I love you all so much!!

Heather said...

Hey Britt- Hope the thunderstorm situation is getting better! Poor guy! Your sister had me laughing so hard which every time I think about it now, I laugh out loud about your son making up his own little songs. She was giving me some examples and she had me laughing so hard. He is such a handsome little man and has two wonderful beautiful godly parents and I love yall so much!